By: Logan Godfrey (@LoganGodfreyPSU)
These predictions are based on a culmination of reporting from the offseason, past performances and other fantasy projections for the 2014 season.
Newly acquired Darrelle Revis, Chandler Jones and a host of other New England defenders have been analyzed, and, who knows, some of these MIGHT happen this upcoming season.
- Year after year, Jones keeps getting better. With a revamped secondary, look for him to hunt opposing quarterbacks at will.
Rob Ninkovich – 70 Tackles, 5 TFL's, 9 Sacks and 3 FF's
- The same goes for this Mike Vrabel clone. Why teams will have to worry about Jones, Ninkovich will have of plenty of one-on-one blocking in his favor.
Vince Wilkork – 42 Tackles, 3 TFL's, 3.5 Sacks and 1 FF
- With Big Vince coming back from an injury, look for the Patriots to limit his snaps. I’m still predicting a solid season for the All-Pro.
Jerod Mayo – 136 Tackles, 4 TFL's, 2 Sacks, 2 FF's and 1 interception
- Mayo, also returning from injury, will reclaim his spot in the middle of New England’s defense. A Pro Bowl season should be in store for this tackling machine.
Jamie Collins – 55 Tackles, 5 TFL's, 7 Sacks, 3 FF's and 3 Interceptions
- In my opinion, this is the breakout candidate of the year. His athleticism and raw talent will start to shine as Collins will fly around the entire field this year.
Darrelle Revis – 50 Tackles, 3 TFL's, 1 FF, 5 Interceptions, 1 Interception return touchdown and 3 TD's allowed
- The man of the hour. Revis will have a season reminiscent to his days as a New York Jet. His presence will make the entire defense that much better.
Devin McCourty – 61 Tackles, 1 TFL and 3 Interceptions
- The most seasoned member of New England’s secondary will be a beneficiary from this offseason’s improvements. With Revis on board, McCourty will be free to roam around the defensive backfield.